Humans desire approval and belonging almost as much as the need for food and shelter. In this video, learn how to detect ways you can increase belonging on your team.
- Belonging is a core human need. … We all have a deep hunger to belong … because to belong is to matter, … and it enhances the meaning of life. … Researcher Dr. Brene Brown explored these themes … in her book, Braving the Wilderness: … The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone. … She studied people who seem to have found … a true sense of belonging, to see what set them apart. … She provides this definition. … "Belonging is the innate human desire … "to be part of something larger than us. … "Because this yearning is so primal, … "we often try to acquire it … "by fitting in and by seeking approval, … "which are not only hollow substitutes for belonging, … "but often barriers to it." … She goes on to say, "True belonging doesn't require you … "to change who you are; … "it requires you to be who you are." … In other words, belonging requires vulnerability. … It takes courage to be authentic … because we risk rejection or ridicule. … Psychological safety is the antidote to this, …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- How teams are structured today
- Teamwork types
- Promoting psychological safety
- Inclusion matters
- Creating success with local, virtual, and global teams
- Strategies for team leaders