The placebo effect is well documented, but can you apply it to your own emotions? Gain some valuable mindset mastery skills in this segment.
- [Instructor] Our beliefs have tremendous power. … Believing that we are sick when we are not can make us ill. … Believing that we are being healed … is sometimes enough to stimulate actual healing. … Why? … Although we don't know precisely how placebo effects work, … we know that the brain triggers … a cascade of effects in our bodies … when our beliefs about the immediate future are altered. … Researchers refer to this as expectancy theory. … However it works, here's the marvelous opportunity … it lays at our feet. … A simple belief can generate both strength and ease. … Healing and improvement can occur without effort or strain. … But wait, there's more. … Our beliefs have the power … to change more than just our physiology or our health. … They also dramatically change our overall happiness levels … and our performance. … Sometimes the best way to develop mastery, for example, … is to take a long hard look at what we believe, … what we are thinking about ourselves and our performance …
This audiobook was created by Penguin Random House. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- How to stop overworking
- The importance of recess breaks
- Determining your top priorities
- How to say no to all non-priorities
- Eliminating junk stimuli and mental clutter
- Strategies for reducing low-level stressors
- Swapping fear and stress for courageous thoughts