Use the High EP framework to assess your poise under pressure abilities, know your strengths and improvement areas, and therefore know specifically where to focus to improve the poise factor to strengthen your EP.
- To manage your emotions in executive presence situations, … begin with the emotional end in mind. … Let me give you an example. … Mother Teresa was a role model … for her distinctly strong positive presence … and for staying centered and purposeful, … whether dealing with the world's most powerful … or impoverished people. … Her passion to make a difference for others involved … spreading peace and love. … Given that purpose, listen to this statement … of hers about the importance of beginning … with the right emotional set point. … It's only five words, but in them … is her bigger-picture purpose and an intention … to exercise emotional leadership with every interaction. … She said, peace begins with a smile. … Your passion to make a difference … might be different than hers and that's fine, … but whatever it is, in her statement she gives … us all a crucial lesson about managing emotions … in executive presence situations. … Whatever you're doing, meetings, … presentations, discussions, strive to start …
- Inner and outer factors for executive presence
- How to think about yourself and others
- Being emotionally proactive
- Getting things done
- Action patterns of leaders with executive presence