Learn there is a lot of prep you need to do before you start your new job—from dealing with nerves to connecting with colleagues on LinkedIn.
- Now before we even start looking at the activity that…you need to do on a month by month basis.…We need to make sure that you're prepared…for day one, now you've done an amazing job…getting this interview, you don't wanna blow it…by turning up completely unprepared.…Now you only have one chance to make a great impression,…so I want you to undertake a few activities.…Just to help you turn up looking like you're ready.…So having worked in recruitment for 15 years…and worked with thousands of people, I can't tell you…the number of stories I've heard from people…from their first day, really good ones…and really bad ones.…I really feel like I could write a book,…and I think I might do one day.…
Because of course some people absolutely smashed it,…you know turned up prepared, knocked the socks…off their new teams and this set them on a smooth course…throughout their career.…Whereas there were others who whilst they impressed…in the interview, really messed it up in the start…by not being able to deliver upon what they promised…
- Explain how to establish touch points with new colleagues.
- Recognize common mistakes you could make in your first 90 days.
- Name the steps you should take during the first 30 days of a new management job.
- Recall what you should implement during the second month of a management job.
- List the steps to take if you find that your new job is not turning out like you hoped it would.