This video provides an abbreviated walkthrough of someone trying to get the result of becoming a better listener, using the result hour worksheet to identify what's missing and take action.
- Let's explore someone trying to improve their career…by becoming a better listener using the result formula.…You'll see their example result formula completed…in the downloadable files.…This individual completed this worksheet…during the scheduled result hour.…In the first column they defined the result that they wanted…and it's focused.…But how can they make this result specific?…Measuring one's ability to listen can be a little difficult,…so they created a subjective scale on one to 10.…
The person rated themselves as a five…and they want to improve to a level of a seven…and the timeframe is three months from now.…Now we're ready to move into analyzing it…in terms of systems, accountability, and motivation.…Under systems they mentioned they don't naturally…have the talents of being a good listener.…However they can improve upon the skill.…What this means is that they may never be a master listener…but they can do a better job than they're doing now.…
The biggest area for improvement under systems…is simply that they don't have a system of how to listen…
- Recall the three elements that comprise the Result Hour equation.
- Identify three examples of a system and explain how they could help someone achieve results.
- Explain why having someone hold you accountable helps you stay focused on results.
- Compare visions and actions and how they relate to each other.
- Recognize why it's important that your direct reports also understand the S+A+M = Result formula.