Discover the skills you need to become an agile coach: a special role tasked with helping organizations transition to agile.
- I've been practicing Agile for well over 10 years now. A few years into my role as scrum master I set my sights on becoming an Agile coach as one of my career goals. In a one-on-one conversation I shared my career goal of Agile coaching with my CIO at the time. His response wasn't what I hoped for. He said, well, I'm never going to pay someone whose whole job is to tell people how to do their job. That stopped me in my tracks. At that point, I'd already worked with some great coaches. I knew that the role of the coach was far more than simply telling people how to do their job. What I lacked was a way to explain what a coach does and why they're valuable. Since those days I've gotten better at sharing the importance of a great coach. I know many people need help selecting a coach or want to become one. If you're in this situation I want to share with you what I've learned on my journey. So if you're wondering what makes a great Agile coach? What skills and qualities should I look for when hiring a coach? Or what skills do I need to develop to become a great coach? Join me for this course on becoming an Agile coach. We'll explore all these ideas and more. Ready? Let's get started.
- What is agile coaching?
- Comparing the skills of the scrum master and the agile coach
- Agile coach as teacher and mentor
- Detecting and resolving issues
- Mediating conflicts
- Identifying the coaching skills and mindset