In this video, learn about the negative connotation around the phrase: "We don't plan...".
- Sometimes with newer Agile teams, … you'll hear them say, "We don't plan because we're Agile." … This causes a lot of confusion … with the rest of the organization. … They'll justifiably ask the question, … how can you run a project without any planning? … The truth is, you can't. … Agile does have planning, it's just different … from traditional project management planning. … The planning rules are there, … but they're just much more lightweight. … You'll find this is true with a lot of Agile frameworks. … In Agile, there aren't usually very many rules, … but at least at the beginning, the rules that do exist … should be closely followed. … You don't want to start your Agile project … by creating your own version of Scrum, … extreme programming, or Kanban. … Being Agile means that you allow your customer … to change the product. … It doesn't mean that you're free to change the framework. … That means that if you're the Scrum master for the team, … you should be very careful not to let the team …
- Explain how a sprint differs from a traditional project.
- Name three user roles.
- Define the acronym INVEST and explain its purpose.
- List three main sections of a project charter.
- Identify the benefits of planning poker.
- Recall the challenges associated with the sprint backlog.