Learn why distracted driving is a matter of life and death. Explore healthy focus habits.
- For many, a commute to and from work … is a daily occurrence. … The period of inactivity this causes … can sometimes be frustrating, especially if you're driving. … As you're driving, … some feel that it would be more productive or less boring … to do something like make phone calls … or even check text messages. … Both choices are extremely dangerous. … In the United States alone, … thousands are killed and hundreds of thousands are injured … due to distracted driving. … When I speak to audiences all over the world, … I ask people to give me examples … of productive ways to do two things at once. … Almost always, several people mention … talking on their phone while driving. … Yet, a study out of the University of Utah … found that driving while talking on the phone … even with a hands-free device … is as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. … And if you text while you're driving, … you're six times more likely to cause an accident … than if you're driving while intoxicated. … Yet, 33% of drivers in the United States …
- Explain how social media can be used to improve focus and productivity.
- Define pinning.
- Examine techniques that will prevent reminders from being ignored.
- List three ways to back up data.
- Determine when it is useful to upgrade technology.