Learn how to automate a show to music and prepare it for export. Author Heather Ackmann shows you ways to set up your slides in order to export to video.
- [Lecturer] So continuing where we left off…if you'd like to follow along, please…open the file automate a show located…in this lesson's exercise file folder.…Now, for this presentation, we pretty much…want to press a button and just have it…play all the way through automatically…to the end music and all.…In order for that to happen…we're going to need to advance our slides…not on mouse click, but after a certain…amount of time has passed.…Now, there are a few ways to accomplish…this in PowerPoint.…
We've played around with automating slides…before when we were building our flip-book…animation, but there we just set the slides…to advance after zero seconds.…Well, that was easy, so let's try that…method here and see how we like it.…Let's jump back to that TRANSITIONS tab.…Go all the way over to that timing group…and change it from On Mouse Click to…After and leave it at zero seconds,…and then let's click the Apply to All button…and jump to slideshow view and see what our presentation…looks like in full.…
Heather begins with a primer on PowerPoint animation, helping you understand when—and when not—to incorporate animations into a presentation. She then goes into the building blocks of animating in PowerPoint: layering objects, working with background images, animating text, playing with lighting effects, and zooming with style. She shows how to animate with transitions, and walks viewers through the creation of three sample projects: a spinning globe animation, an animated timeline, and a flip-book. Heather wraps up by showing you how to put the finishing touches on a presentation by animating to music, automating playback, and exporting your PowerPoint file as a video.
- Determining when to use animation
- Creating and formatting shapes
- Applying motion paths
- Adjusting the z-order
- Adding and formatting x-ray shapes
- Animating by word
- Animating and arranging layers
- Animating with transitions
- Timing animations to music
- Exporting as a video
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerPoint 2016: Audio and Video In Depthwith Garrick Chow2h 12m Intermediate
1. Understand PowerPoint Animation
2. Layer Objects for Animation
3. X-Ray Vision with Background Images
4. Kinetic Typography
5. Make Text Shine
6. Expert Zooming
Zoom with style7m 20s
7. Animate with Transitions
8. Create a Timeline
9. Use Flip-Book Animations
10. Put It All Together
Next steps2m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.