Assign a task to the user's manager as listed in Active Directory.
- [Instructor] In the case for a request for an approval,…the person approving the request could be different…depending on who's creating the task.…So for example, if I'm on Dennis Kim and I request vacation…then I want my manager, Harry,…to be notified to approve that request.…In order to do that I need to assign a task…under the Yes branch.…And notice it creates another branch.…This one for Approved and Rejected.…
I'll go in and configure it.…In this case it's going to be within the Workflow Context.…And it's going to be the Manager Email Address.…I'll click Insert.…And the Task Title is going to be…the subject of the email that comes in.…And click Save.…Publish the workflow.…
Click OK.…Now I'm going to log in as Kim…and I'm going to submit a new vacation request.…And click Save.…Now I'm going to log in as Harry…and see if he's received the task.…So here in Harry's mailbox from the Projects site…I see Task Assigned - Request for Vacation.…
I'll click on it.…And click Approved.…Just like that.…Nintex extends the capability…
- Automating a workflow for manager approval
- Adding conditional branches to workflows
- Using variables and calculated dates
- Bringing external data into a workflow
- Reusing and moving workflows
- Creating and customizing a form
- Assigning field validation rules
- Using Nintex Forms
- Optimizing for mobile viewing
- Troubleshooting a suspended workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
Lightning Tools: Conductor Web Partwith Tiffany Songvilay52m 12s Advanced
1. Create an Approval Workflow
2. Add More Workflow Actions
3. Use Nintex Forms Designer
4. Monitor Your Workflows
Log to history list5m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.