Make a field required or not required based on the user's answer to a previous question.
- [Narrator] We have this form set up so that…we have fields that are hidden…unless I populate a field.…So, for example, if there is no rental car,…then there's no reason for me to…ask about how much fuel there was.…But, you know, something like a baggage fee,…that could be optional, right?…So, if you didn't check a bag,…there wouldn't be a baggage fee.…But if you rented a car,…there is going to be a fuel amount,…and so we want to make this fuel amount field required.…
So we want to hide it,…so it's not required if it's hidden.…But, if there is something in the rental car amount…then we want the fuel amount to be required.…And so let's show you how to do that.…So we're going to apply the rule to the form field.…You can't make a value required,…so there's no reason to have both of these highlighted.…So you'll click one time on the fuel amount field.…Click add rule.…And we're going to name this require fuel.…
Alright, we're going to change this from a…rule type of formatting…to a rule type of validation.…And once you do that,…
- Automating a workflow for manager approval
- Adding conditional branches to workflows
- Using variables and calculated dates
- Bringing external data into a workflow
- Reusing and moving workflows
- Creating and customizing a form
- Assigning field validation rules
- Using Nintex Forms
- Optimizing for mobile viewing
- Troubleshooting a suspended workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
Lightning Tools: Conductor Web Partwith Tiffany Songvilay52m 12s Advanced
1. Create an Approval Workflow
2. Add More Workflow Actions
3. Use Nintex Forms Designer
4. Monitor Your Workflows
Log to history list5m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.