Learn how to prepare for artificial intelligence disruption by anticipating change, changing your mindset, and positioning yourself in the path of progress.
- According to a study by the Project Management Institute, 91% of organizations are being impacted by disruptive technologies. So there's a good chance you work for a company that's being impacted right now. If you want to be ready for the disruption that's coming, listen close. It's time for you to change the way you look at change. In other words, change your mindset. You have to anticipate and embrace AI rather than fear it. It begins with being insanely curious.
You have to get out of your normal daily routine and do some probing. Look at how other professions and industries are bing impacted by disruptive technologies like AI. Take lawyers for example, the legal profession is currently dealing with digital disruption. AI is augmenting lawyer skills by taking over tedious tasks like conducting due diligence on decisions from past cases and applying algorithms to predict the likelihood of winning future cases. Second, learn from people in other professions.
Talk to them and ask questions like, what aspects of my projects can be improved. Which problems are having the greatest impact on my projects? How can AI potentially make my processes more efficient? How can I influence senior leadership to embrace AI? And are there other teams within my organization that could also benefit from adopting from AI? Continue drilling down on these questions until you have a good sense of where the profession is headed.
If you do this consistently, you'll be able to rapidly adapt to change and transform your projects. Finally, prepare for the changes that are coming. You can do this by marrying the answers you uncovered earlier with your personal experiences. Once you've done all three then you can begin developing solutions for the changes that are coming. Increase your value by making AI trends your friends. Take initiative by intentionally looking for areas where AI can be used to make improvements.
Document them and then pick one or two to present to senior leadership. Before you know it, you'll be known as a change agent. Once you adopt the right mindset, others will begin to follow your lead. Remember, the enemy of change is the status quo. And the status quo almost never wins in the long term. It's your job to make sure you're positioning yourself in the path of progress by embracing disruptive technologies such as AI. This is the best way to prove your value and help your organization prepare for the changes ahead.
- The impact of AI on project management
- Major changes driving AI adoption
- Evolving work trends
- How the demand for predictability is driving AI
- Preparing for disruption by anticipating change
- Leveraging human creativity
- Initiating, planning, executing, and closing projects with AI