In this video, discover why aligning global teams can be a problem and how you want to create a one-team culture.
- When global project teams interact,…there are additional influences from different values,…individual, corporate, and functional…like for example engineers versus controllers.…How do we reconcile these different values…and make sure every player is on the same team?…Establishing a one-team culture…is the answer we're looking for.…Here are some ways to get there.…At the project kickoff,…when the team charter and the norms are being established,…acknowledge everyone's values and culture.…
Clarify that for the success of the project,…the team culture supersedes every other culture.…A one-team culture is one where real teamwork is at play…and it's through values that benefit the entire team…that will help make them successful.…The opposite of this would be…to follow values that benefit only some sides.…You can help create an environment of we…and move past from us and them or those guys…by adopting team values such as transparency,…cooperation, trust, and diversity.…
At the same time,…since it's normal for people to revert back…
- Recall how agreeing on a common language improves communication between global team members.
- Recognize the importance of a technical language skill level that includes relevant business vocabulary and terms.
- Explore how to correlate successful interactions with trust and respect.
- Identify obstacles to clear global communication including time zones, culture, and physical distance.
- Recall how to implement role clarity so that every team member understands their responsibilities.
- Review how the development of strong unambiguous commitments helps drive accountability.
- Explore how a one-team culture aligns everyone on the global team.
- Recognize the signs of a continuous improvement mindset in your global team.