In this video, learn about using genuine curiosity to deepen the coaching relationship. This is important so you can cocreate needed solutions.
- Curiosity is something that all coaches need … to harness in themselves. … When you do harness it, … it deepens your relationships with your coachees. … This is because when you're truly curious about something, … you step out of the perspective of an expert. … As soon as you remove the expert view, … you move deeply into the partnership with your coachee. … It's not enough to simply ask questions. … It's really about asking the right questions. … My son taught me this lesson when he entered his teen years. … Here's how it went. … My son would come home from school and I'd say, … how was school today? … He'd reply with a one word answer, … usually the unenlightening word fine … and that was the end of the conversation. … However, I was asking the wrong questions. … We've all been trained during our school years … to ask information gathering questions … like the one I was using. … My son answered my question … and I gathered information from his response. … However, every time I asked this type of closed question, …
- What is agile coaching?
- Comparing the skills of the scrum master and the agile coach
- Agile coach as teacher and mentor
- Detecting and resolving issues
- Mediating conflicts
- Identifying the coaching skills and mindset