In this video, learn about how to evaluate the differences between a teacher and a mentor. This is important so you're ready to partner in the right way at the right moment. Explore a scene with a coach and a manager in a one-on-one setting; and brief mentoring interaction on servant leadership.
- As organizations work to improve their agile practices, … the coach will often act as a mentor … to other people in the organization. … These are mentoring relationships … that span the organizational hierarchy. … No matter who's being mentored, … the coach must act according to the three CS of mentoring. … Those are known as consultant, … or someone with specialized knowledge … that can make wise recommendations. … Next, they act as a counselor, … someone who listens and guides, … but lets the mentee draw their own conclusion … and plans of action. … Finally, they act as a cheerleader. … Along with being a great listener, … giving advice and guidance, … a great coach is always rooting for the mentee to succeed. … The coach joins the mentee in celebrating their successes. … Let's take a peek into Coach Karen … acting as Manager Ashanti's mentor. … - Hi, Ashanti, how are you doing today? … - Well, you know, we had a production outage last night, … so we're all really stressed out right now. …
- What is agile coaching?
- Comparing the skills of the scrum master and the agile coach
- Agile coach as teacher and mentor
- Detecting and resolving issues
- Mediating conflicts
- Identifying the coaching skills and mindset