In this video, learn about how to identify conflict within teams and organizations. It is important to prepare for conflict so you can facilitate and resolve it gracefully.
- One key understanding for an agile coach … is to realize that conflict is not a bad thing. … In fact, it can be a positive force on teams. … Your role as a coach is to help teams harness conflict … for their benefit. … As teams pursue excellence in their products, … their skills, and their agility, conflict is inevitable. … There's a common framework to understand … the levels of conflict. … It was developed by Speed Leas many years ago … and it's still relevant today. … Here's the conflict chart. … And I've included a copy in the exercise files for you … to download and use as you'd like. … I found that this is a wonderful framework to share … with the teams. … Again, as coach, you're not a referee who will decide … who's right and who's wrong. … You're not coaching to solve for anyone. … You're coaching the teams to solve for themselves. … So how do you use this chart as a coach then? … Well, as the team is coming together, … I share the fact that conflict is inevitable. … Then I share this chart for them to use …
- What is agile coaching?
- Comparing the skills of the scrum master and the agile coach
- Agile coach as teacher and mentor
- Detecting and resolving issues
- Mediating conflicts
- Identifying the coaching skills and mindset