In this video, explore adult learning styles.
- Have you ever heard the word andragogy?…I know, it's a tongue twister.…It's the science of how adults learn and the basis…for all learning and development best practices.…First and foremost, adults need to see…how training makes them more effective in their work.…You can think of it as the answer to the question,…what's in it for me?…Malcolm Knowles, the educator who popularized…the term andragogy, concluded that adults are independent,…self-directed learners who draw on life experiences…to reinforce learning.…
There are three learning styles associated…with adult learners.…They are auditory, visual, and kinesthetic.…Auditory learners retain information they hear best.…Training that involves dialogue or audio presentations…would be engaging for an auditory learner.…Visual learners connect with training they see,…so they would pay attention to non-verbal cues,…charts, graphs, or other visual aids.…Kinesthetic learners are hands-on.…They learn when they move and physically interact…with the training.…
The best kind of training for them involves role-play,…
- Determine which of the three organizational structures are most often used with different types of project.
- Explain how HR professionals establish trust with employees.
- Define the concept of “managing up.”
- Recognize the key elements of the Uniform Guidelines of Employee Selection Procedures.
- Summarize the four steps of the Kirkpatrick Model.
- Identify the characteristics of an entitlement compensation philosophy.
- Name another term used to describe a benefits needs assessment.
- List two things required for leaders when they provide feedback during a performance review.
Skill Level Advanced
Introduction to the PHR Certification Examwith Joanne Simon-Walters58m 16s Intermediate
1. Exam Topics: Business Management
2. Exam Topics: Talent Planning and Acquisition
3. Exam Topics: Learning and Development
4. Exam Topics: Total Rewards
5. Exam Topics: Employee and Labor Relations
6. Study Plan
Conclusion and Farewell
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.