Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting app settings, part of Up and Running with Apple TV.
- As you install more apps,…you may need to make adjustments…to some settings on those apps.…Apps can have their own individual settings…separate from the settings for the Apple TV device itself.…Before we look at those settings,…I want you to see that I have a bunch of apps installed.…I have two games and nine different apps…for video streaming services…in addition to the default apps…that come with the Apple TV.…So now that we've seen that,…I'm going to go into Settings on the Apple TV…and I'm looking for this category called Apps…and I'll click on that.…
And here we can adjust settings for individual apps.…At the top, I see the option for Automatic Updates…which is turned on by default.…With this enabled,…the Apple TV will automatically…download and install updates to apps…as they're released.…Then we see those individual app settings…and I want you to notice…that not all of the apps that you install on your Apple TV…will have settings here.…Remember, I had a whole bunch of apps installed…but I don't see them all listed.…
- Setting up an Apple ID or iCloud account on an Apple TV
- Setting up Home Sharing
- Using the remote and searching with Siri
- Buying and downloading apps, movies, and music
- Managing storage space on an Apple TV
- Setting up parental controls
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 04/14/2016. What changed?
A: we updated four tutorials to cover changes to bluetooth keyboards and devices, Siri, photo viewing, and new interface features in the Apple TV OS (v9.2). Nick also recorded one new video, "Using voice dictation to input text," which shows how to use Siri remote to make it easier to type and search.