Learn how to add and mix entrance, emphasis, and exit animations. Author Heather Ackmann concludes the shine lighting animation exercise tutorial.
- [Instructor] One more time we will be…picking up where we left off.…If you would like to follow along you may open…the PowerPoint file Add Some Sparkle…in the exercise file folder.…If you remember from the example I showed you earlier,…there was a cute little star that appeared,…spun, and then disappeared.…And all of that happened after this text…did that little cute shiny thing.…That is what we will be creating in this movie.…So jumping back to slide number two,…Let's go back to our Animations tab…and open up our Animations Pane to get that ready.…
First we need to create our star.…So going up to the Insert tab,…to the Shapes group,…our star will be under the Stars and Banners header…and it is this star right here.…So clicking on that, and coming up here…we're just going to click once to draw that.…We're going to change the shape fill to solid white,…and then remove the outline from that shape.…Now this particular shape you can adjust so…it's not as thick.…
I want to make the outer edges as thin as possible.…So, inside this shape there's this yellow dot.…
Heather begins with a primer on PowerPoint animation, helping you understand when—and when not—to incorporate animations into a presentation. She then goes into the building blocks of animating in PowerPoint: layering objects, working with background images, animating text, playing with lighting effects, and zooming with style. She shows how to animate with transitions, and walks viewers through the creation of three sample projects: a spinning globe animation, an animated timeline, and a flip-book. Heather wraps up by showing you how to put the finishing touches on a presentation by animating to music, automating playback, and exporting your PowerPoint file as a video.
- Determining when to use animation
- Creating and formatting shapes
- Applying motion paths
- Adjusting the z-order
- Adding and formatting x-ray shapes
- Animating by word
- Animating and arranging layers
- Animating with transitions
- Timing animations to music
- Exporting as a video
Skill Level Intermediate
PowerPoint 2016: Audio and Video In Depthwith Garrick Chow2h 12m Intermediate
1. Understand PowerPoint Animation
2. Layer Objects for Animation
3. X-Ray Vision with Background Images
4. Kinetic Typography
5. Make Text Shine
6. Expert Zooming
Zoom with style7m 20s
7. Animate with Transitions
8. Create a Timeline
9. Use Flip-Book Animations
10. Put It All Together
Next steps2m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.