This video shows how to add automatic field calculations to tables in Keynote.
- [Instructor] If you ever have to display data in tables…in your Keynote presentations, it's not uncommon…for that data to change over time…based on any number of factors that may affect your work,…and having to manually go in to update the content…of a table can be tedious and time consuming.…Fortunately, if the data in your table…requires any kind of calculates to show…accurate numbers, you can have your table…automatically update if you setup fields…to calculate the data for you.…I've opened up the exercise file 02_03_Calculations,…and this is just a single slide with a table on it.…The content of the table is static,…meaning if I say type a quantity in this field.…
You can see nothing else changes or updates.…But ideally I want the table to automatically…calculate the totals for me.…There are a couple of ways to do this.…Start by selecting the cell where you want…a calculation to occur.…Then type an equals sign on your keyboard.…That opens up the formula editor.…If you've ever worked with formulas in Numbers…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Adding calculations to tables
- Saving custom styles
- Matching colors with the Color Picker
- Animating objects on a single slide
- Using Magic Move between slides
- Skipping slides for shorter presentations
- Controlling the presentation with an iPhone or iPad
- Recording your slideshow