Learn how to apply time management principles to a variety of apps.
- Let's say you've got a favorite app or tool. … How can you practice effective time management … with that tool, whatever it happens to be? … I often hear this question, … yet I'd suggest it's not the most productive approach. … It's best to first identify … the principles of effective time management, … and then look for the app or tool … that will make it easiest for you to live those principles. … This is because principles are timeless. … They're the foundation of success and they don't change, … regardless of the productivity tool that you're using. … Yet technology, apps, devices, they change all the time. … They're constantly being upgraded and updated. … I have used many different types … of calendars and note-taking apps over my career … of practicing and teaching effective time management, … yet the principles have always remained the same. … So, if you're in control of the tools you use, … first spend time learning the principles, … such as going through my courses … on the fundamentals of time management. …
- Explain how social media can be used to improve focus and productivity.
- Define pinning.
- Examine techniques that will prevent reminders from being ignored.
- List three ways to back up data.
- Determine when it is useful to upgrade technology.