Human are wired to resist change, especially change that wasn't anticipated and is negative in nature. After watching this video, you'll be able to identify the steps leaders can take to help guide their team through change.
- Well I study the science of change, … and what we know is that humans are wired to resist change. … We see change as potential danger, … and you're seeing evidence of this everywhere right now. … In addition, we can kind of map people's motivation … for change along did they choose it and did they want it. … And right now, … this situation, this health crisis, … is something we did not choose nor did we want it. … So people are initially going to be resistant, … but they're also really looking for information … 'cause they need to have some sense … of control in all of this, … so however you can help people with that, … that's really important. … The other thing about change is that we're being asked … to develop new habits, … and it takes roughly 40 to 50 repetitions of something … for it to become automatic, … so like right now we're all learning … that we did not know how to wash our hands correctly. … So unless you're a medical professional, … you probably haven't been doing it right, …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Adopting an approach to manage uncertainty
- Identifying resistance to change
- Developing tools for self-care
- Distinguishing fact from fiction
- Building decision-making skills
- Identifying how stress is handled
- Developing methods for communication
- Finding a new rhythm
- Evaluating personal finances
- Gaining new perspectives
Skill Level Intermediate
Lessons in Enlightened Leadershipwith genConnectU56m 50s Intermediate
1. Embracing the Change Around You
2. Understanding What Is Going On
The historical context1m 58s
3. Managing Stress
4. Evaluating the Financial Impact
5. Adjusting Your Approach
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.