In this video, learn about the various ABC modeling tools and how they should be used to create a sustainable model.
- When you were designing your ABC model, … you might of been wondering … how on Earth am I going to build this thing, … and what tools are available. … These are all fantastic questions by the way, … and in my experience there are literally hundreds, … maybe even thousands of tools … that can support an ABC model, … with some even talking directly with finance systems. … I've seen Microsoft Access databases used before. … Cognos is another product … that I've seen successfully adopted. … And what about Excel you might be thinking. … Sure, Excel is both flexible and powerful, … making it a great choice for building basic ABC models. … In fact, I've seen several large and complex ABC models … used in Excel for many years. … So let's take a quick look at Excel, … and if you'd like to follow along with me, … open up Excel, and go ahead and create a new blank workbook. … Now there are several versions of Excel, … but I strongly recommend using Excel desktop, … given it has the most amount …
- Why use activity-based costing (ABC)?
- How ABC can help organizations make more informed decisions
- Defining cost objects and activity drivers
- Reviewing source data
- Building the ABC model
- Preparing ABC reports
- Advising stakeholders on outcomes