Today’s job seekers use social media to learn about potential employers. Discover what social recruiting is all about. Learn how you have use social recruiting to attract, find, engage, and hire new employees.
- [Instructor] It can be tempting if you're a recruiter and you're familiar with social media to think, I know how to use this to find candidates. But when using social media for professional purposes, there are some things you need to keep in mind. Yes, these tools are effective for recruiting, but only if you use them the right way. Now, before we get started, it's best we talk about what social recruiting is and why it is important. Social recruiting is the practice of using social media to attract, find, engage, and hire new employees.
And it's best done by starting conversations and building relationships with both active and passive job seekers. The goal is to influence them so that you become their first choice when they're ready to change jobs. And make no mistake, today's active and passive job seekers, your future employees, are using social media to research potential employers. In fact, in a recent study, 61% claimed they visited a company's online real estate, including social media sites, before applying for open positions.
In another report, 73% of millennial job seekers said they found their last job through social media. And 80% said they use information from social media to prep for interviews. These stats tell us they're assembling a picture of what it is like to work at your organization. They're learning about you, your company, its mission and values, your company's culture. And you know what? They're talking to your employees too, directly or indirectly. More and more job seekers are turning to reviews from current and former employees.
Sites such as Glassdoor, Indeed, LinkedIn, and others provide new ways to discover positive and negative reviews before they apply. These reviews promise true glimpses into your company, whether as an applicant or an employee. So it is important that you join the conversation. Don't wait to see what people say about you. Choose the right social media platforms and share the right kind of content that shows your company is the right choice.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why you should recruit on social media
- Creating company profiles that attract top talent
- Leveraging special features and ads on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Searching for candidates
- Setting up a daily routine for social recruiting
- Automating your recruiting efforts