Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching, part of Time Management: Working from Home.
- This course is designed to provide many helpful tips and strategies for someone who is working from home or thinking about working from home. While these tips are designed to stand on their own, this course is best used in conjunction with my more detailed course, Time Management Fundamentals. These two courses together will give you a complete strategy of how to be in control of every aspect of your time management plan. If you've already completed Time Management Fundamentals, then you're ready to dive into this course immediately.
If you haven't yet completed that course, that's fine. Go ahead and complete this one now, then schedule time sometime in the next few weeks to go through Time Management Fundamentals to see how the lessons of each course work together. The principles that I will cover in this course apply to anyone in any kind of a remote worker situation. Even if you don't work from home on a full time basis, you'll still find strategies that will help you for the times when you're away from a corporate office.
As you go through this course, put your focus on taking action. Seek not just to gain knowledge, but implement the principles into your daily life. The shorter the distance between you learning something and acting upon it, the more success you will have. Let's get started.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Create a productive environment by limiting distractions.
- Evaluate and choose the best technology to increase your productivity.
- Differentiate between constant effort and a healthy working rhythm.
- Define expectations around communication while remaining responsive.
- Identify the benefits of relationship building.
- Learn how to manage interruptions and emergencies at home.