Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Time Management for Managers.
- All the viewers are welcome to go through Time Management for Managers. You'll find something here for you regardless of the position that you're in. However, I strongly recommend that you treat this as a supplement to my course called Time Management Fundamentals. This means that if you've already completed Time Management Fundamentals, feel free to dive right in and add it to what you've already learned. If you've not yet completed it, you can go through this course now and then later schedule time to complete Time Management Fundamentals.
The two, together, will help you create a complete time management system for yourself as a manager. The principles that I'm going to cover apply to anyone in a leadership position. Even if your job description doesn't specifically say manager, you can still find lots of valuable tips for your position, especially if you're hoping to advance into a managerial position someday. I recommend you learn and practice these principles starting now.
In this course, best-selling author Dave Crenshaw offers managers at all levels practical strategies for efficient time management. Dave covers time management best practices for managing people, including delegating tasks, managing expectations, and establishing productive one-on-one meetings. He also provides helpful tips for managing projects, including how to coordinate multiple projects, allocate scarce resources, hold a team accountable to deadlines, and communicate deadline changes when necessary. Additionally, Dave covers how to manage priorities, including using your calendar as a prioritization tool, keeping your meetings action-focused, and shifting priorities when the need arises.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify how to delegate tasks effectively.
- Develop a training mindset.
- Discover how to manage expectations.
- Plan multiple long-term projects.
- Discover how to communicate changes to avoid delays.
- Determine how to prioritize time between meetings and work.
- Demonstrate how to manage your calendar efficiently.
- Identify the correct balance between work and fun.
- Determine how to hold others accountable to deadlines.
- Organize meetings and keep them action-focused.