Learn how to secure your Windows computer and protect your privacy online, in this beginner's guide to computer security and internet safety.
- My name is Jess Stratton and welcome to this course on learning about computer security and internet safety. This beginning level course, is designed for you to watch from start to finish, and by the end of it, you'll have a secure computer or laptop for day to day use. You'll also have the knowledge to prevent viruses, malware, and other security breaches on both your computer, your home network, and other people's. The things I'm going to have you do in this course are every day things you should be doing as you travel through the internet. They aren't too complex that they'll be over a beginner skill level and I've picked the best balance to give you security, while still enjoying the convenience of your technology.
I'll take you through securing your computer, securing your wireless router at home, and I'll show you how to make sure your web browser is secure and how you can stay safe on the internet. Finally, I'll show you how to protect your privacy online as well as other people's. I've got a lot to cover, so let's get started.
- Explain why it is important to keep Windows updated.
- Recall why password management software is important.
- Name the steps to check or update your Windows privacy settings.
- Identify the best Wi-Fi protocol to use.
- List required maintenance steps.
- Recall what third-party cookies do.