Use the WEEKNUM or ISOWEEKNUM functions to display the week of the year for a specific date.
- [Instructor] At times you may need to categorize dates…by the week number of the year.…And they're different ways to calculate this number.…We'll show you two different ways…using a function called first WEEKNUM…and also one called ISOWEEKNUM.…Now you may or may not be familiar with an organization…called the International Organization for Standardization.…That abbreviation there by the way probably varies…because of different languages.…Nevertheless these are frequently used,…more likely for many of us WEEKNUM.…
Which week of the year is January 1st?…Well it's going to be week 1 isn't it?…And it is.…How about January 2nd, 3rd, 4th?…I'll just drag through a few of these at first.…And you'll see what's happening.…In 2017 Sunday was the first day of the week.…And we see some other days down here.…I stopped using consecutive days at this point.…That's why we're seeing this change.…And double click to copy them down the column.…Now many times this is going to be the same…but at other times it will not be the same.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- How Excel records and stores dates
- Using standard date/time entries and acceptable alternatives
- Formatting dates and times
- Creating standard date/time formats
- Working with dates and times in functions
- Calculating with dates and times
- Using dates/times with Excel commands
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding the Excel Date/Time System
2. Creating Date/Time Entries
3. Formatting Dates and Times
4. Working with Dates and Times in Functions
5. Calculating with Dates and Times
6. Using Dates/Times with Excel Commands
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.