The Standard Filter tool in Excel offers multiple opportunities for filtering date columns. For special filtering needs, like day of the week, learn to use the Advanced Filter.
- [Narrator] When you're working with larges lists…that involve data entries like we see…in this worksheet here, it's called DateFilter,…we've got dates in columns C and D.…If we apply Excel's filter…because we're on the path to showing…just some of the information here,…click anywhere within the data,…click the filter button,…this is on the data tab in the ribbon.…We see arrows at the top of every column.…Because these are date columns,…when we click the drop arrow for the filter right here,…we do see that choice date filters.…Over here in column B, those are not dates,…therefore as we click the arrow there,…we see number filters, completely different set of choices.…
But let's take a look at column C.…We're interested for the moment in seeing…all the projects that began last month.…At the time of this recording, it's in May of 2017,…so if I go to date filters, tons of options…as to how I might want to narrow this data down.…So let's say I want to choose here…all entries in column C that began last month,…that would be April of 2017.…
- How Excel records and stores dates
- Using standard date/time entries and acceptable alternatives
- Formatting dates and times
- Creating standard date/time formats
- Working with dates and times in functions
- Calculating with dates and times
- Using dates/times with Excel commands
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding the Excel Date/Time System
2. Creating Date/Time Entries
3. Formatting Dates and Times
4. Working with Dates and Times in Functions
5. Calculating with Dates and Times
6. Using Dates/Times with Excel Commands
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.