Learn how to quickly enter a series of successive months, days, dates, or days of the week using AutoFill.
- [Instructor] Anytime you're running a date series,…you can rely upon Excel's autofill capabilities…to get the jog done faster.…On this worksheet called Autofill,…we've got two entries in cells A2 and A3,…notice they're a week apart, seven day interval.…I've got them both highlighted,…I'm pointed to the lower right hand corner,…that's the fill handle.…As soon as the mouse handle turns into a thin plus,…you can click and drag downward for as far…as you think you might need this.…As I let go here, what do we have,…whatever that interval was, that was seven days,…we have a series of seven day intervals here.…
So, same day of the week, week after week after week here.…Had that interval been 14 days, 10 days,…we'd get the same concept applied that way.…So maybe this is a two week interval.…How about the 17th of April? Highlight both of those.…That's a 14 day interval, drag from the corner,…as far as we think we need this,…it could go into next year possibly,…and we see what's happening that way.…Of course we'd change the heading if we kept that.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- How Excel records and stores dates
- Using standard date/time entries and acceptable alternatives
- Formatting dates and times
- Creating standard date/time formats
- Working with dates and times in functions
- Calculating with dates and times
- Using dates/times with Excel commands
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding the Excel Date/Time System
2. Creating Date/Time Entries
3. Formatting Dates and Times
4. Working with Dates and Times in Functions
5. Calculating with Dates and Times
6. Using Dates/Times with Excel Commands
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.