In this course, best-selling author Dave Crenshaw offers managers at all levels practical strategies for efficient time management. Dave covers time management best practices for managing people, including delegating tasks, managing expectations, and establishing productive one-on-one meetings. He also provides helpful tips for managing projects, including how to coordinate multiple projects, allocate scarce resources, hold a team accountable to deadlines, and communicate deadline changes when necessary. Additionally, Dave covers how to manage priorities, including using your calendar as a prioritization tool, keeping your meetings action-focused, and shifting priorities when the need arises.
- Delegating effectively
- Establishing 1:1 meetings
- Managing expectations
- Focusing on people
- Setting a good example
- Training others
- Coordinating multiple projects
- Allocating resources
- Holding others accountable to deadlines
- Communicating changes
- Prioritizing tasks
- Managing your calendar
- Keep meetings action-focused
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- As a manager, it's your responsibility to stay on top of not just your own time management, but also the time management of those around you. Time management is a critical skill that can make or break any manager. In this course we'll cover how time management affects you in three areas. First, managing people, which includes how you handle meetings, how you delegate to others, and train them. Next, we'll cover time management for your projects, including allocating your resources and holding others accountable for meeting or beating deadlines.
And finally, we'll address time management for your priorities, including how to quickly adjust to changing workplace demands, as well as making time for yourself so that you can be an effective leader. We'll cover all this and plenty more in Time Management for Managers.