Set a positive example to your team by meeting deadlines, showing up on time, and staying on top of email, and managing your time wisely. In this video, Dave Crenshaw covers three areas where you can set an example to your team—meetings, following up, and deadlines.
- I believe in the leader's mirror.…The leader's mirror is the idea that the organization…is the reflection of its leader.…Your team is reflection of you.…When you see positive things in your team,…odds are; there are positive things that you yourself…are doing; if you see areas for improvement in your…team, odds are, these are areas that you personally…need to improve upon, as well.…This means that if you and I want your team…to do a better job of meeting deadlines…and showing up on time and staying on top of eon,…everything that's expected of them in terms of time…management; then the most important thing we can do…is to make sure you are doing those things yourself.…
Keep in mind, I'm not talking about perfection.…None of us are perfect in everything…and few are perfect in anything.…However, we can make progress.…Let's make our focus on progress, not perfection.…The interesting thing about managers is, well,…they have managers themselves.…You have someone that you report to.…I'd suggest you go to that person…
In this course, best-selling author Dave Crenshaw offers managers at all levels practical strategies for efficient time management. Dave covers time management best practices for managing people, including delegating tasks, managing expectations, and establishing productive one-on-one meetings. He also provides helpful tips for managing projects, including how to coordinate multiple projects, allocate scarce resources, hold a team accountable to deadlines, and communicate deadline changes when necessary. Additionally, Dave covers how to manage priorities, including using your calendar as a prioritization tool, keeping your meetings action-focused, and shifting priorities when the need arises.
- Identify how to delegate tasks effectively.
- Develop a training mindset.
- Discover how to manage expectations.
- Plan multiple long-term projects.
- Discover how to communicate changes to avoid delays.
- Determine how to prioritize time between meetings and work.
- Demonstrate how to manage your calendar efficiently.
- Identify the correct balance between work and fun.
- Determine how to hold others accountable to deadlines.
- Organize meetings and keep them action-focused.