When using a touch screen it may be awkward to enter your password every time you sign in to your computer. Windows has a feature to enable a short PIN code for fast sign-in. Learn how to set up that PIN code in this video.
- [Instructor] It may seem strange that we're starting…on a black screen here, but I wanted to talk about unlocking…a Windows tablet when it's in the sleep mode.…So, my device is asleep, so I'm going to hit…the power button to wake it up.…Then I'll swipe up on this screen,…and I get to the sign-in screen.…Now I just need to type in my password for my user account.…Once I've typed in the password,…I hit return, and now I'm signed in.…Depending on some settings which we're going to see…in a minute, you might not have to type in…your password every time you sign in.…
And depending on your security needs,…you can change those settings, or even set up a simple,…four-digit passcode for easier access.…So first, let's look at our settings.…I'm going to swipe from the right edge…to go to Action center, I'll go into All settings,…and I want to go to the category labeled Accounts.…From here, I want to go to Sign-in options.…These are the settings we want to focus on in this movie.…So first, I want to look at this option…
Next, instructor Nick Brazzi steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings. He demonstrates how to multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Plus, Nick shows how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to leverage the powerful Surface Pen in popular applications, and how to work with the Surface Dial, which you can use to interface with specialized menus and controls in different applications. He also explores the Windows Ink Workspace, a collection of applications designed specifically for pen input. To wrap up, he goes over important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Mastering touch controls in Windows 10
- Switching between Tablet mode and Desktop mode
- Launching applications and multitasking in Tablet mode
- Using the onscreen touch keyboard
- Using the Surface Pen
- Working in the Windows Ink Workspace
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Fingerprint and face unlocking with Microsoft Hello