Learn how to create boundaries to protect your mind from both harmless interruptions and destructive thoughts. Create a mental firewall to prepare yourself against mental interruptions or negative thoughts. In this video, Dave also walks through a "yes, no, maybe" worksheet to prepare your mind for responding appropriately.
- Do you ever find that your thoughts…are just racing uncontrollably?…Perhaps you have lots of useful ideas…or maybe they're just distractive little bits of trivia.…Or, at worse, maybe it's destructive thoughts…that are negative and bringing you down.…If you think about what a firewall does…at the internet level,…it filters traffic and it only allows…what is valuable, useful and safe through.…Well we can also create a firewall for your mind…to sort of prepare yourself for these thoughts.…
In the exercise files,…you'll find a worksheet called the Yes No Maybe List.…We're going to work on this together right now.…The idea is that we're going to consciously…make decisions now that will prepare you at a…sub-conscious level in the future when these thoughts come.…First, in the Yes column…we want to list ideas and thoughts…that are useful, that are helpful.…Yes, we're going to let these through.…
These can be ideas related to your current career or…business or innovations on how you can…improve something in your department.…
- Discover multiple strategies to improve your focus.
- Protect your ability to focus by learning to use technology intelligently.
- Analyze how to process new tasks economically.
- Avoid distractions in a digital world.
- Learn how to make time for others.
- Identify how to build a mental firewall to sustain focus.
- Define clear boundaries and expectations.
- Assess how and when you prioritize tasks.