Join Dave Crenshaw for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Time Management for Managers.
- We have reached the end of our journey together.…My hope is that you've taken away…several specific actions you can implement immediately…to improve your time management as a manager.…The shorter the distance between you learning something…and you taking action upon it,…the more successful you'll become.…So I recommend you schedule a time in your calendar soon…to complete any of those specific actions…that came to your mind as you went through this course.…Also, as I mentioned at the beginning,…if you've not yet completed…my Time Management Fundamentals course,…now is the time to dive in.…
Couple what you learn here…with the proven principles of that course.…If you've already completed both of these courses,…consider making my Time Management Tips course…a part of your weekly training routine as well.…If you have any questions, you're welcome to ask me…at davecrenshaw.com/ask.…Thank you for watching,…and I wish you success as a manager…and an abundance of time.…
In this course, best-selling author Dave Crenshaw offers managers at all levels practical strategies for efficient time management. Dave covers time management best practices for managing people, including delegating tasks, managing expectations, and establishing productive one-on-one meetings. He also provides helpful tips for managing projects, including how to coordinate multiple projects, allocate scarce resources, hold a team accountable to deadlines, and communicate deadline changes when necessary. Additionally, Dave covers how to manage priorities, including using your calendar as a prioritization tool, keeping your meetings action-focused, and shifting priorities when the need arises.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Delegating effectively
- Establishing 1:1 meetings
- Managing expectations
- Focusing on people
- Setting a good example
- Training others
- Coordinating multiple projects
- Allocating resources
- Holding others accountable to deadlines
- Communicating changes
- Prioritizing tasks
- Managing your calendar
- Keep meetings action-focused