LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Purchasing Word vs. subscribing
- Navigating the Word interface
- Creating and formatting documents
- Inserting columns and tables
- Configuring AutoSave
- Co-authoring in Word
- Using Word Online and the Word Mobile app
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Garrick Chow and welcome to this course on Migrating from Google Docs to Microsoft Word. If you're a long time Google Docs user, having to switch to Word can be a bit of a disorienting experience. Both are great word processing applications but the location of tools and features and the workflows for accomplishing certain tasks can greatly vary between the two programs. This course is designed to give you a quick overview of Word and point out how its features compare to Docs. We'll start with a look at how to install Word on your computer because unlike Docs, which lives online, Word lives locally on your computer and there are several options for installing it.
We'll take a tour of the Word interface to understand the ribbon and other elements you'll be interacting with. I'll show you how to add a plugin to open Office documents stored on you Google drive directly in Word and how to convert your existing Google Docs to Word documents. We'll see how to add and work with common elements like images, columns, and tables, and I'll look at options for saving your documents locally or online through OneDrive or SharePoint. From there, we'll see how to co-author documents with other people in real time and we'll take a look at the online and mobile versions of Word as well.
So even though this course is a brief overview of things to be aware of when transitioning from Google Docs to Word, there's a decent amount of material to cover. Let's get started.