In this video, Dave Crenshaw makes a case for investing in the training of your team. Invest in your team by learning with the intent to teach, giving them time to learn, and embracing repetition—observe, practice, repeat.
- Investing in others and helping them grow…is vital to your productivity and efficiency as a manager.…Have you ever caught yourself thinking something like this?…"By the time I train them to do this,…"I could have done it myself."…This mindset gets you stuck…in forever doing things yourself.…It will suck your clock dry of every single minute you have…because you run around and put out…the fires that other people create.…This is not management.…Managing is getting results through others.…
So we must teach others to perform better…and to become leaders themselves.…If you do that, it will save tremendous amounts…of time in your day.…Here are a few areas to consider.…First, learn with the intent to teach.…When you go through a course like this,…avoid thinking just about yourself…and what you are getting out of it.…Instead, learn what the idea of having…to teach it to someone else, then after learning,…teach a little bit of it to someone else.…
I'm not saying that they should go through…this course themselves, but first,…
In this course, best-selling author Dave Crenshaw offers managers at all levels practical strategies for efficient time management. Dave covers time management best practices for managing people, including delegating tasks, managing expectations, and establishing productive one-on-one meetings. He also provides helpful tips for managing projects, including how to coordinate multiple projects, allocate scarce resources, hold a team accountable to deadlines, and communicate deadline changes when necessary. Additionally, Dave covers how to manage priorities, including using your calendar as a prioritization tool, keeping your meetings action-focused, and shifting priorities when the need arises.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify how to delegate tasks effectively.
- Develop a training mindset.
- Discover how to manage expectations.
- Plan multiple long-term projects.
- Discover how to communicate changes to avoid delays.
- Determine how to prioritize time between meetings and work.
- Demonstrate how to manage your calendar efficiently.
- Identify the correct balance between work and fun.
- Determine how to hold others accountable to deadlines.
- Organize meetings and keep them action-focused.