Learn the power of a simple timer to help you stay focused. Use a timer to keep focused and also grow your ability to focus over a long period of time.
- When it comes to growing…your focus, what's the most powerful…app or device that we can use.…It is simply the timer.…The lowliest of devices can help us…improve our focus significantly.…If focus is the act of keeping our attention…on something that's most valuable…for a long period of time.…Then we can use the timer to both measure…how long we can stay focused…and stretch our ability to focus.…For example, I personally enjoy…using this cube timer.…
It's a very simple way to set an…amount of time to a few different options.…I choose one thing that I want to focus on…and then use the cube to remind me…that I need to stay focused on it.…Now you don't need to get this cube.…You can also just use any timer…that you have perhaps on your phone.…Pick one thing that you're going to focus on,…and set a limit.…Set a limit that you know you can hit,…and then try to stretch a little bit beyond that limit.…For example, have you ever noticed…that when you're reading your attention…might start to drift off into…thinking about other things?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Discover multiple strategies to improve your focus.
- Protect your ability to focus by learning to use technology intelligently.
- Analyze how to process new tasks economically.
- Avoid distractions in a digital world.
- Learn how to make time for others.
- Identify how to build a mental firewall to sustain focus.
- Define clear boundaries and expectations.
- Assess how and when you prioritize tasks.