In this video, Dave Crenshaw shows how to set up your schedule to help you build relationships with the people who matter most to you. Learn how to balance focusing on work with your personal life.
- Throughout this course,…we've been talking about the power of focus,…particularly for ourselves…and how we perform at work,…but what about outside of work?…What about our important relationships…when we go home?…Perhaps, our spouse or our children…or our best friends.…How are we focusing on them?…What's important for us to grow our focus,…not just for ourselves,…but how we interact with the people we care most about…and for me, this begins and ends with time.…
What I mean by that is often people talk about…spending quality time with people,…yet I've found that quality time and quantity time…are not mutually exclusive.…This means we can both spend an abundance…of time with people that we care about…and we can make those moments really matter.…One tool that I've helped a lot of clients use…to imply this is called The Oasis.…The Oasis is something that happens on a daily,…weekly, and monthly, yearly basis.…
The Oasis allows you to focus on being with them…and rest and relax and just sort of take a break…from what's going on in the rest of the world.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Discover multiple strategies to improve your focus.
- Protect your ability to focus by learning to use technology intelligently.
- Analyze how to process new tasks economically.
- Avoid distractions in a digital world.
- Learn how to make time for others.
- Identify how to build a mental firewall to sustain focus.
- Define clear boundaries and expectations.
- Assess how and when you prioritize tasks.