Learn how to evaluate your own value per hour. Focus your time on your most valuable activity (MVA). Discover how to devote most of your schedule to your most valuable activity.
- Take a moment and imagine a significant annual income.…Think of how much money you think…would be a great income to make per year.…Write that number down.…Now, let's imagine that you're at an event…where you're meeting various people,…and you meet two people that make…that exact income every single year.…Through the course of the conversation with them,…you find out though that person A…is working 80 hours a week to achieve that income.…Person B is working 30 hours a week…to achieve that income.…
In your mind, which of the two is most successful.…This little exercise illustrates the importance…of the value per hour.…So often, we focus on how much money…we're making per year, when in fact…it's our value per hour that determines our freedom.…When it comes to focusing our time,…it's critical that we focus our time…on what is most valuable.…In fact, I call this your Most Valuable Activity,…or your MVAs.…Now I dive deeper into this subject…in my course, Time Management Fundamentals.…
Here are some basics though to help you focus your time.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Discover multiple strategies to improve your focus.
- Protect your ability to focus by learning to use technology intelligently.
- Analyze how to process new tasks economically.
- Avoid distractions in a digital world.
- Learn how to make time for others.
- Identify how to build a mental firewall to sustain focus.
- Define clear boundaries and expectations.
- Assess how and when you prioritize tasks.