In this video, Dave Crenshaw shares how you can attract the things that are most valuable to you and repel ones that are distractions. Find your talent by adding together your gifts, loves, and skills.
- Have you ever thought about…how many millions of books there are?…Even on this library, there are thousands of courses…that you could watch.…There's so many articles and blogs online.…Is it a little overwhelming?…Well it should be.…There's just too much information available to us.…If focus is allocating your attention…to what is most valuable,…then the most important question we have to answer is,…what's most valuable?…The answer to this depends on you.…
In fact, what we want to do now is,…help you figure out what's right for you.…Think for a moment about keywords when it comes to websites.…Websites often focus on keywords to attract the right…kind of traffic for their business.…You also want to have your personal keywords.…By pre-determining what is most valuable to you,…you can start to attract what is most valuable…and repel the things that are just distractions.…
If you want to dive deeper into this subject,…you can look at my course called Discovering Your Strengths…here on the library.…Here's what you need to know right now.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Discover multiple strategies to improve your focus.
- Protect your ability to focus by learning to use technology intelligently.
- Analyze how to process new tasks economically.
- Avoid distractions in a digital world.
- Learn how to make time for others.
- Identify how to build a mental firewall to sustain focus.
- Define clear boundaries and expectations.
- Assess how and when you prioritize tasks.