When tabulating times that exceed 24 hours, see how a custom format like [h]:mm ensures that the calculation displayed is correct.
- [Instructor] On this worksheet called HoursOver24,…we've got two sets of data, in both columns A-B…and then off to the right in columns D-E,…similar kinds of information.…We're tracking the amount of time worked…on different projects,…and we'd like a total at the bottom here.…And a lot of you are familiar with AutoSum.…You can press a keystroke shortcut…if you want to use it quickly, alt + =.…We're about to add up the data here,…and we get an answer that you know is wrong.…In fact, it could be assumed…that maybe it picked up this cell B3 by mistake,…but what's going on here?…This isn't even close.…
And how about over here, in cell E9.…Again, we can press alt + = to get there quickly,…enter, and that's wrong too.…What's going on here?…I'm going to go back to column B and highlight this data.…You might or might not be familiar…with the feature called AutoCalculate.…If you look at the bottom of your worksheet,…in the status bar off to the right,…now you may not be seeing…as many statistical measures as I am,…but you're likely to being a sum.…
- How Excel records and stores dates
- Using standard date/time entries and acceptable alternatives
- Formatting dates and times
- Creating standard date/time formats
- Working with dates and times in functions
- Calculating with dates and times
- Using dates/times with Excel commands
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding the Excel Date/Time System
2. Creating Date/Time Entries
3. Formatting Dates and Times
4. Working with Dates and Times in Functions
5. Calculating with Dates and Times
6. Using Dates/Times with Excel Commands
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.