Uncover simple keystroke shortcuts that allow you to convert any date format to d-mmm-yy and any time format to h:mm AM/PM.
- [Male Instructor] Excel has tons of keystroke shortcuts,…but only two of them are related to dates and times.…In this worksheet called Keystroke Shortcuts,…we've got some data in columns A through E…and nothing wrong with the display in column D,…that's totally appropriate.…On the other hand,…there is that occasional confusion that you might get…particularly if you deal with dates…that come to you in files that might have come from…near-by countries like Canada and Mexico,…or possibly European countries.…Most other countries in the world use a different display.…So that second entry in cell D3,…for example right here,…could be interrupted as July 11 by some people.…
So, we might want to change that.…Clicking column D, one keystroke shortcut related to dates…is control shift three.…Now sometimes you will see that being displayed…in a list of shortcuts…as control shift hashtag.…It means the same thing.…You definitely want to be holding down…the control and shift key,…and then press that key…that's got the three and the hashtag on it.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- How Excel records and stores dates
- Using standard date/time entries and acceptable alternatives
- Formatting dates and times
- Creating standard date/time formats
- Working with dates and times in functions
- Calculating with dates and times
- Using dates/times with Excel commands
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding the Excel Date/Time System
2. Creating Date/Time Entries
3. Formatting Dates and Times
4. Working with Dates and Times in Functions
5. Calculating with Dates and Times
6. Using Dates/Times with Excel Commands
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.