This video shows how to create new documents in Word and how to set them up.
- [Instructor] Okay in this chapter we're going to…take a look at how to perform some of the most…common tasks you'll probably need to accomplish in Word.…Let's start here from scratch and take a look…at setting up a new document.…Now we touched on this already but I'll open up Word,…and on this initial screen, you can open up…previous documents, or create a new one…from any number of templates.…I'll click the Blank document template,…and this is in fact based on a template…even though it's a blank page,…because blank documents still have…specific default settings.…For example I'll go to the View tab,…and here check Ruler so I can see…the horizontal and vertical rulers.…
These darker gray areas you see…on either end of the ruler represent the page margins.…Notice the cursor that's flashing on the page here…is not at the very edge of the page.…But we can see by the ruler that there's…a one inch margin here.…So blank documents have a default left,…right, top, and bottom margin of one inch.…If I go to the Layout tab,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Purchasing Word vs. subscribing
- Navigating the Word interface
- Creating and formatting documents
- Inserting columns and tables
- Configuring AutoSave
- Co-authoring in Word
- Using Word Online and the Word Mobile app