With millions of job openings tweeted every month, recruiters must use Twitter to post jobs and look for candidates. In this video, explore what your profile and company profile must look like to make a winning and effective first impression.
- [Instructor] With more than 500 million tweets per day…and more 350 million active users,…Twitter is among the major social media platforms,…but how useful is it for recruiting?…Well, actually, millions of jobs openings…are tweeted every month,…and millions of job seekers use Twitter to find a job.…Does this mean you are going to log in into Twitter…and instantly have a pool of ideal candidates?…Of course not.…The key is to stand out,…be consistent, and build relationships.…So how do you stand out as a recruiter?…It all starts with your Twitter profile.…
Remember, just like on LinkedIn,…job seekers will check you out,…and that first impression is crucial…so it's important to look professional.…Which brings us to the question…whether to use your personal account or the company account,…or do you need to set up a separate Twitter account…for your professional use?…I've found that is a personal choice.…I use several accounts which are set up…for different target audiences,…even in different regions and languages,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Why you should recruit on social media
- Creating company profiles that attract top talent
- Leveraging special features and ads on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- Searching for candidates
- Setting up a daily routine for social recruiting
- Automating your recruiting efforts