This video shows how to co-author a document between two or more people, and how to keep track of the changes being made by each person in real time.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie,…we saw how to edit a edit a Word document…stored on OneDrive in either Word Online…or the desktop version of Word,…and then have our changes synced back…to the file on OneDrive.…Now let's take a look at how this works…if you're co-authoring a document with someone else.…Co-authoring means that two or more people…are working on a document at the same time.…If the document is stored in SharePoint group,…any of your colleagues with access to that group…can open up the document at any time to work on it…and if you open it at the same time,…you'll be able to see their changes.…Or, if the document is stored on OneDrive,…you can share a document with specific people…and you can all edit the document together…in real time that way too.…
So for example, if I go to this Shared with me category…here on the left of my OneDrive page.…I can see that one of my teammates has shared…this Meeting Agenda with me.…I'll click it, and like before,…because this is a Word document, it opens up…in Word Online.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Purchasing Word vs. subscribing
- Navigating the Word interface
- Creating and formatting documents
- Inserting columns and tables
- Configuring AutoSave
- Co-authoring in Word
- Using Word Online and the Word Mobile app