Discover how to calculate U.S. holidays that fall on different days of the month by using the CHOOSE, DATE, and WEEKDAY functions.
- [Instructor] Sometimes, as you create due dates…and work with different calendar dates,…you need to come up with a calculation…for when three different American holidays occur…because these are on different days of the month…at different parts of the year.…Memorial Day is always on a Monday,…Labor Day is always on a Monday,…and Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday.…But they do shift around from day to day…within those months.…Now, without going into too much detail on this,…and some of this is for the benefit of those…who are familiar with some of the date functions…or want to learn more about them,…the key to constructing and to figuring out…what these dates truly are,…and we'll take a look at these formulas just briefly,…the key is understanding and using a function called Date.…
And I'll just use it here in a very small way.…And you could have a situation.…I've seen this in certain worksheets…where data is recorded in separate columns…like we see over in columns F, G, and H.…If you ever see this information,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- How Excel records and stores dates
- Using standard date/time entries and acceptable alternatives
- Formatting dates and times
- Creating standard date/time formats
- Working with dates and times in functions
- Calculating with dates and times
- Using dates/times with Excel commands
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding the Excel Date/Time System
2. Creating Date/Time Entries
3. Formatting Dates and Times
4. Working with Dates and Times in Functions
5. Calculating with Dates and Times
6. Using Dates/Times with Excel Commands
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.