In this video, learn the options for the technology—server or cloud—permissions and access, platforms, compatibility with MSFT, Google, Dropbox, DocuSign, and more.
- There are many benefits and many risks…that come with using technology.…To protect ourselves,…we want to know as much as we can…about the platform hosting the HRIS.…Most HRIS programs today are running in the cloud,…and there's a few who still run desktop applications.…Those companies who run desktop apps…often perceive their systems to be closed…and therefore more secure.…One of the problems associated with using desktop systems…can be the delay in upgrading to new versions…and the eventual phasing out of that software…by the HRIS providers.…
Your IT manager will want to make sure any HRIS offering…has robust firewalls, backup,…and other security measures.…Given the level of identity theft and cyber breaches,…this is super important because of all the personal data…contained in HRIS programs,…including social security numbers, financial,…and health records.…Your IT department should also make sure…all security protocols are followed…during the implementation phase…and that passwords and permissions are carefully handed out.…
DISCLAIMER: This course addresses US law concepts that may not apply in all countries. LinkedIn (including Lynda.com) and the instructor are not giving legal advice. Neither Linkedin (including Lynda.com) nor the instructor represent you. The information conveyed through this course is similar to a college or law school course; it is not intended to give legal advice, but instead to communicate information to help viewers understand the basics of the topic presented. The views and legal interpretations presented in this course do not necessarily represent the views of LinkedIn or Lynda.com.
- Using dashboards
- Recruiting and hiring
- Managing the onboarding process
- Payroll integration
- Managing employee leave and time off
- Using HRIS systems to support performance management
- Working with learning management systems
- Reporting and compliance