Know what the steps of the Structured Thought & Communications Process are and the benefits of using it
- The structured thought method I'm going to share…is very different than the way we communicate today.…There are a lot of benefits from taking…this different approach.…This method is going to help you quickly…and clearly define your idea and build support for it.…You'll define what the issue is and make sure…everybody knows what the question is…and why we have to solve it.…You'll then create what I call the core idea,…that one single thought that encompasses…your entire recommendation.…
You'll walk through building what I call the architecture.…What's the logical structure you're going to use…to prove that core idea?…What information will you include and exclude?…Once you have an architecture, you'll turn it into a story,…a very simple narrative that flows from A to B…and get your audience there as cleanly…and as compellingly as possible.…You'll syndicate that story with multiple stakeholders…before you even do any analysis…because you want to get their feedback early in the process.…
This is going to help you ultimately sell your idea.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall how to use the Structured Thought and Communication method.
- Identify the best architectural style for your idea.
- Explore strategies for choosing the right title.
- Recognize efficient ways to prove and disprove hypotheses.
- Recall methods for conducting an analysis.
- Identify the most salient facts.
- Explore how to best finalize a presentation.