Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Are there staffing considerations to manage?, part of Project Management Foundations: Integration (2015).
- "If you have a large project that requires integration,…"are there staffing considerations to manage?"…Successful integration project managers need to be able…to select and appropriately organize their project teams…to maximize effectiveness with integration.…Project integration gets more complex…as the project size increases.…When a project is producing a complex product,…integration becomes a daunting, yet critical task.…Some integration roles may be central…to the entire project effort,…but typically roles such as procurement or purchasing,…development, and technical specialists are assigned…to independently work on each of their components…or subprojects.…
Other examples for integration roles are test management,…regulatory compliance, legal,…or activities such as quality assessment or other things…that must be integrated into the management of the project.…Defining these roles and selecting skilled people…is even more important in integration projects…due to the risk of having gaps or duplicating efforts.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Assess how to plan for integration.
- Identify the cost and risk of a project.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Determine how to staff the integration.
- Analyze how to manage critical project interrelationships.